Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

February Fashions

I want to start by saying that I by no means consider myself a fashionista or anything of the sort! However, when I realized I would need to wear "teacher clothes" (that's what I call them, others may use the terms professional, or nice, or normal even) everyday of the week in only a couple short years I knew I would need to start updating my wardrobe starting now. This semester I get to go into a school twice a week and it has been the perfect opportunity for me to start building a teacher-wardrobe! I also have really enjoyed other blogs with teacher clothes and many pinterest boards with the same theme. It has helped me just to see the idea and then figure out how I can also build my wardrobe. And that is why I will be sharing these. I simply want to share :)

The first key item I added to my collection was a pair of black boots. It is winter and I do not like wearing shoes without socks! Maybe I am the only one, but my feet get cold so fast. So I knew boots would be the best to be both warm and professional.

Here's my month so far!

Shirt: Vanity
Pants: Target
Boots: Maurices
Scarf: Wal-Mart 

Sweater: Target
Pants: Target
Boots: Maurices
Scarf: TJMaxx

Sweater: Target
Pants: Target
Boots: Maurices
Scarf: TJMaxx

Sweater: Vanity
Pants: Target
Boots: Maurices
Scarf: TJMaxx

Sweater: Target
Pants: Target
Boots: Maurices

For now anyway, I like to just keep it simple! Boots and scarves are perfect for the winter months in cold schools and walking through piles of snow to get there. I also am a poor college student with a poor college student's budget, so simple is perfect! But sometimes I try a little harder...

This is one of my favorite and most versatile pieces I have. Of course I can match it with pearl earrings but because of the touch of silver, it goes with silver earrings as well.

These bangles I bought a few years ago. The whole set has so many colors in it, but I am able to wear just the colors I want depending on the outfit that day.

I'm excited to build my collection of "teacher clothes" :)




No comments:

Post a Comment